Kwikset SmartCode 916 Contemporary Electronic Smart Lock Deadbolt using Z-Wave Technology, Satin Nickel
- For use on exterior doors where keyed entry and security is needed
- Featuring SmartKey Security™, which protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds
- SmartKey Security™ re-key technology is compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway
- Comes with 2 keys
- Latch has round corner faceplate
- ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified
- Latch has adjustable backset 2-3/8" to 2-3/4" to fit all standard door preparations
- Includes round deadbolt strike
- 1 inch deadbolt throw
- Locking mechanism functions with turn piece on the interior of the lock
- Meets or exceeds Underwriter Laboratories (UL) testing requirements specified for each product grade or rating
- Requires 4 AA batteries, included
- Keypad stays lit for 30 seconds after inactivity
- 30 second Auto-Locking feature available
- Expanding your security system solution with Home Connect technology, your keyless entry lock will now communicate wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z-Wave (Important: The SmartCode 916 lock must be paired to a Z-Wave compatible hub controller to control the lock wirelessly)
Meet the Kwikset SmartCode 916 Contemporary Deadbolt with HomeConnect
The SmartCode touchscreen smart lock with Home Connect technology enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in home. The lock allows the user (through a third-party smart home controller) to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive notifications.
- Important: The lock must be paired to a Z-Wave hub controller (not included) to control the lock remotely.
Re-Key to any KW1 Keyway Key
While re-keying your door lock is not a requirement of lock installation, SmartKey allows you to quickly and easily reset your lock's cylinder to work with any KW1 Keyway key.
- Refer to this Kwikset Electronic Lock Product Selection Guide.
- Download the Installation Guide.
How do I control the lock wirelessly?
SmartCode locks equipped with Z-Wave technology needs to be paired with a Z-Wave hub controller. The hub controller is the main gateway to controlling any Z-Wave devices you might have. You need to research different hub controllers in the market and find which one best suits your needs.
What are some compatible Z-Wave hubs?
- SmartThings by Samsung
- ADT alarm
- Ring Alarm
Is the lock compatible with the Amazon Echo device?
This SmarCode 916 lock uses Z-Wave technology, so it is not compatible with the Amazon Echo.
Is the lock Bluetooth compatible?
No, the SmarCode 916 lock is not Bluetooth compatible.
Will this work with a 2" door?
Yes, the SmarCode 916 lock is compatible with a door thickness of 1-3/8" to 2".
What is the expected battery life?
The average battery life is 6-12 months, but would it would depend on the overall usage.
- Gator 220 Grit Bare Wood Extra Fine Sandpaper, 11 in. x 9 in., 5 PackGator Finishing$3.29Quickview