Makita 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Cordless Reciprocating Saw, Tool Only (No Battery or Charger)
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2,800 strokes per minute and a 1-1/4" stroke length for faster cutting
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 19-1/8" long
- Weighs only 8.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Large two-finger trigger for operator convenience
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Length of Stroke : 1-1/4"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (wood w/ 12" blade) : 10"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (pipe) : 5-1/8"
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 2,800 SPM
- Overall Length : 19-1/8"
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Net Weight (with battery) : 8.3 lbs.
- Variable speed dial : No
- Built-in clutch : No
- Orbital settings : No
- Power Type : Cordless
SPEED : Makita-built motor delivers 0-2,800 strokes per minute and a 1-1/4" length stroke for faster cutting
CONVENIENCE : "Tool-less" blade change allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
COMFORT : Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
PERFORMANCE : Refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration
INCLUDES : Tool only (battery and charger not included)
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Recipro Saw (tool only) combines cutting speed with convenience features for faster, more efficient cutting. It’s powered by the industry’s fastest charging 18V lithium-ion batteries (sold separately), allowing users to remain in one battery platform and use the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XRJ04Z as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool line-up.
The XRJ04Z is equipped with efficiency features for faster cutting. The long 1-1/4” stroke length increases cutting efficiency, and the refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration. Convenience features include a large two-finger variable speed trigger, electric brake, and “tool-less” blade change for faster blade installation and removal.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
THE LXT® ADVANTAGE
4 key components make up the LXT® Advantage, providing you with the most advanced, durable and dependable 18V products on the market. Our fast-charging LXT® batteries, Rapid Optimum Charger, industry-leading brushless motors, and Star Protection Computer Controls™ work together to create the LXT® Advantage. Makita's Cordless Outdoor Power Equipment delivers unmatched performance and innovation in motor and battery technology that's leaving the competition behind.
UP TO 50% LONGER RUN TIME*
Battery delivers constant power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/ -20°C). Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overload, over-discharge, and overheating.
*Vs. Makita 18V Ni-Cd Battery
UP TO 3X FASTER CHARGING*
The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature. Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
*Vs. Makita 18V Ni-Cd Charger
UP TO 50% MORE MOTOR LIFE*
Makita-built Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The electronically-controlled Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application.
*Vs. Makita Cordless Motors with Brushes
EFFICIENT POWER MANAGEMENT
The demanding applications you take on every day are also demanding on your cordless tools and batteries. You rely on your tools, so Makita® created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to monitor conditions and exchange data in real time to protect against overload, over-discharge and overheating.
Select LXT® tools come with AWS™ technology that uses Bluetooth® for intelligent communication between your tools to eliminate cords, increase productivity, and reduce noise.
- 5 in. Black and Silver Reflective Adhesive Number 3Hillman$1.79Quickview