Makita 18V LXT Cordless String Trimmer, Tool Only (No Battery or Charger)
- Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
- 2-tools-in-1: 180º rotating head allows the trimmer to convert to edger
- Telescoping shaft (48-1/2” to 56-1/2” ) for optimum cutting position
- Adjustable 5-position pivoting head for cutting angle adjustment when trimming in tight spaces
- Makita-built motor delivers 7,800 RPM for faster cutting
- Up to 1 hour of run time with 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Adjustable loop handle for convenient operation
- Includes easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head with metal reinforced bump knob
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Cutting Swath : 10-1/4"
- No Load Speed : 7,800 RPM
- Arbor Shaft : N/A
- Shaft Type : Telescoping
- Overall Length : 56-1/2"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 6.4 lbs.
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Power Type : Cordless
PRECISION : Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
VERSATILITY : 2-tools-in-1: 180º rotating head allows the trimmer to convert to edger
CONVENIENCE : Telescoping shaft (48-1/2” to 56-1/2” ) for optimum cutting position
RUN TIME : Up to 1 hour of run time with 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
INCLUDES : Tool only (battery and charger not included)
The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer (XRU02Z, tool only) is a versatile solution for landscape cutting and trimming, but without gasoline or a cord.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XRU02Z delivers 7,800 RPM and up to 45 minutes of run time on a single charge of the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah battery (sold separately). It has several advantages over gas powered trimmers: the XRU02Z has zero emissions and reduced maintenance, with no need for gas or oil. For users, the tool is always ready to use: simply load a fully-charged 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery and get to work. Versatility features include a telescoping shaft to adjust the length of the tool, a 180-degree rotating head with 5 adjustable positions, an adjustable loop handle, and more. It weighs only 6.4 lbs. with battery (sold separately).