Smart Pot 5 Gallon Soft-Sided Plant Aeration Container (No Handles), Black
- Better than plastic containers
- Creates healthier, happier plants
- Stops root circling
- Releases heat
- Smart Pots are completely free of chemicals, dyes and BPA
- They are chemically inert, so there is never a danger of harmful chemicals leaching into the soil
- Smart Pots are made 100% in America
- Smart Pots promote excellent drainage
- Excess moisture drains directly through the fabric, virtually eliminating root rot and its associated parasites
- 12 in. base x 9.5 in. height
The Smart Pot is a soft-sided aeration container that air root prunes your plants. Air root pruning is a key component to a healthy fibrous root ball. Unlike plastic containers, roots do not circle. Instead, air root pruning creates a more fibrous root structure with more root tips. More roots means quicker growth. No circling roots mean better growth.
The Smart Pot air prunes the roots.
Air pruning allows plants to use all the space inside the container for root growth resulting in bigger plants. Root growth occurs through branching, which creates more root tips and more opportunity for the plant to feed. University studies have found more than twice the root structure for plants grown in Smart Pots.
The Smart Pot stimulates beneficial bacteria.
Our porous, non-woven fabric provides essential oxygen allowing plant roots and beneficial bacteria to breathe. Healthier roots equal healthier plants. Porosity is the key to increased distribution of moisture. The Smart Pot enhances soil permeability, increasing the movement of moisture from wet areas to dry.
The Smart Pot responds to climate conditions.
During hot weather the Smart Pot allows excess heat to be released protecting roots. In cold weather, the fabric warms quickly in the sun. A study at the University of New Hampshire showed that on an 80-degree day, temperatures inside a plastic container were up to 125 degrees. Temperatures in a Smart Pot were 80 degrees.
The Smart Pot made to last.
Weather-resistant, UV resistant, and extremely durable, Smart Pots will not fray, split or crack. Reuseable and 100% made in the USA. BPA and Lead free, With over 30 years serving growers, farmers, and gardeners, millions of plants have been grown successfully using Smart Pots.
Grow like a professional.
- Location - Make sure plants get the right amount of sun the entire growing season. If using a Smart Pot on the patio, protect the surface and Smart Pot with a saucer.
- Soil Selection - Always use a good quality water-retentive soil mix. The Smart Pot enhances movement of moisture allowing for a more even distribution of water. Although any soil mix will work with Smart Pots, better soil results in better plants.
- Fill - Begin by making sure the bottom is flat and sides are extended filling the pot with a small amount of soil. Continue the process eliminating any wrinkles as you go leaving an inch at the top of the Smart Pot. Water thoroughly.
- Plant - Plant according to recommendations, fertilize if needed, and watch your plants GROW!