Victor Easy Set Mouse Trap, 4 Pack
- Easy-to-set mouse trap
- Pre-baited with a scent of strawberry (or add your own bait)
- Expanded trigger plate for the highest catch rates
- 2 settings to control trap sensitivity
- Reusable or just throw away snap trap after a catch
- Use indoor or outdoor
- Made environmentally responsible from Forest Stewardship Council® Certified wood
- Made in the U.S.A.
Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Trap – A New Twist on A Classic Design
Simplify your rodent control routine with the Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Trap. Using the original wooden snap trap design with an improved larger trip pedal to ensure higher catch rates, this trap will help you to effectively eliminate rodents around your household or business. Two settings, Firm and Sensitive, allow you to control the sensitivity of the trap. For the best accuracy and outcome, we recommend setting the trap somewhere between these two settings. In addition, these traps require no chemicals or poisons.
Mouse Trap Instructions
- Release the arm bar from the staple.
- Move the arm bar to the back of the trap so it hangs over the back of the trap.
- Apply a small amount of high-protein bait, such as peanut butter, hazelnut spread or bacon to the yellow plastic pedal on the trap as shown. Use a Q-tip, toothpick or another tool to bait to avoid transferring your scent to the trap.
- Pull the kill bar back and hold it in place with your thumb.
- Place the arm bar over the kill bar and secure it under the plastic pedal. Take note of the Firm and Sensitive setting. The trap will be easier to set on the firm side, but not trip as easy. The trap will be more difficult to set on the sensitive side, but trip very easily.
- Place the trap where you have seen signs of rodent activity or along the wall where rodents primarily travel. The end of the trap where the metal pedal is baited should be placed flush against the wall.
- After the mouse is caught, properly dispose of the dead rodent. The trap can either be discarded or reused.
Q: What kind of bait do I use?
A: Individuals in a rodent population search for different types of food. For mice, anything high in protein like peanut butter, chocolate or hazelnut spread is a great option. Also, nesting materials like dental floss, cotton or string are also great options. Try to use whatever bait or nesting material the rodents are currently feeding on or using to build nests.
Q: Do I have to bait the trap?
A: The Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Trap is pre-baited with a strawberry scent. Additional baiting is not required, but to increase your chances of catching a rodent, feel free to bait the trap. For mice, anything high in protein like peanut butter, chocolate or hazelnut spread is a great option. Also, nesting materials like dental floss, cotton or string are also great options. Try to use whatever bait or nesting material the rodents are currently feeding on or using to build nests.
Q: How do I set the trap and how do I change to and from the firm and sensitive setting?
A: An instruction sheet and video are available that will give detailed step-by-step instructions on how to bait, set, place and dispose of the Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Trap. The instruction sheet and video also give detailed instruction on how to use the firm and sensitive setting and the difference between the two.
View the instruction video below:
Q: When I bait the trap with peanut butter they eat it off and the trap doesn't get them.
A: If you test the trap (carefully!) with a pencil or something similar, does it trip properly? If it does, try baiting the trap using only a small amount of peanut butter (just what fits on the end of a toothpick). By using a smaller amount, the mice are less likely to be able to quickly grab the bait and run without setting off the trap. We also recommend trying to place the trap with the baited end flush against a wall to make it more difficult for the rodent to escape without a catch.
Q: What is the shelf life of these traps? How long is the scented yellow paddle effective?
A: Once opened, the strawberry scent will last for up to 3 months.
Q: What is the spring constant of your this mouse trap?
A: The spring constant is: K= 5.6x10-3 pounds force per degree.
Q: Is the pre baited scent that's on these poisonous to humans?
A: The scent is not poisonous.
Q: Is the prebaited M032 baited with poisen?
A. The traps are baited with a strawberry scented pedal.
Q. How much does one trap weigh?
A. This trap weighs approximately .05 pounds.
Q. What's the measurement of the trap?
A. This trap measures 3.75" long by 1.75" wide.
Q. The trap won't stay set.
A. If the trap is easily triggering, we would recommend setting the arm bar to the Firm setting on the left side of the cheese petal. This will make the trap easier to set but it will take more effort for the trap to trigger.