There are a few things you can do to protect your home from the elements of a storm. Some of these have to be done when a hurricane is approaching, but you still need to prepare in advance by purchasing supplies and understanding set-up procedures. Get tips and learn more in our “How-To” article: Hurricane Damage Protection. You can also find helpful information in HECO’s Handbook for Emergency Prepardness.
Watch: innovative tools From City Mill to protect your home during extreme weatherPlay Video
We carry products for keeping water out of your home and draining flooded areas. Sandbags can help protect against heavy rainfall and our Quick Dam product is a fast way to keep water out of doorways.
Securing Your Home and Belongings
Have an emergency supply kit ready in case of a crisis.
- Make a checklist of the supplies you will need for your household.
- Store enough non-perishable foods to last at least 3 days.
- You should have a gallon of water per person per day (drinking and sanitation).
- Take into account any specific supplies a family member might need.
- Keep your emergency supply kit in a cool place and where family members can easily access it.
- Update your kit periodically and check dates on canned goods and bottled water.
For more information ready our “How-To” article: Weathering the Storm. Hurricane Preparedness Tips.