Gorilla Heavy Duty GorillaWeld Steel Bond Epoxy
- INCREDIBLY STRONG: 4250 PSI
- STEEL BOND EPOXY
- SETS IN 10 MINUTES
- WATERPROOF (Bonded wood materials should not be submerged or soaked in water.)
- FORMS PERMANENT BOND
- DRIES DARK GRAY
- EASY TO USE
- BONDS: Metal, Plastic*, Concrete, PVC, Fiberglass, Ceramic & More! (*Not recommended for use on polyethylene or polypropylene plastics.)
- APPLICATION TEMPERATURE: 32°F to 90°F
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: -40°F to 300°F
- SET TIME: 10 minutes
- CURE MECHANISM: 2 Part Reaction, requires mixing
- OUTDOOR: Yes
- FREEZE/THAW STABLE: Yes
- PAINTABLE: Yes
- SANDABLE: Yes
- DRILLABLE: Yes
- SHAPEABLE: Yes
- STAINABLE: No
- CHEMICAL RESISTANT: Limited
- EXPANDS WHEN CURED: No
- SHRINKS WHEN CURED: No
- CURED COLOR: Dark grey
- GAP FILLING: Yes
GorillaWeld is an incredibly strong, heavy duty two part adhesive. The tough, steel bond epoxy formula has a 4250 PSI bond strength and sets in just 10 minutes. GorillaWeld is waterproof and versatile, creating a long lasting, permanent bond to: metal, plastics*, concrete, ceramics, PVC, fiberglass and more!
Directions for Use
All surfaces should be clean and free of debris. To improve adhesion, roughen smooth surfaces with sandpaper before gluing.
- Remove cap from each tube and use top of cap to puncture foil seal.
- Dispense equal parts from each tube onto a clean, disposable surface.
- Mix with disposable mixing tool for approximately 20 seconds until color is uniform.
- Apply mixture to surface within 3 minutes.
- Clamp surfaces together and leave undisturbed for 10 to 30 minutes. Full cure in 24 hours. Cure time dependent on temperature, humidity and quantity applied.
*Note: Not recommended for use on polyethylene, polypropylene or similar plastics.
Will GorillaWeld bond plastic/vinyl/rubber?
Gorilla Weld will work well on many types of plastic; however, we do not recommend for use on polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) or similar plastics, or any type of rubber with high oil or plasticizer content.
What does GorillaWeld work best for?
GorillaWeld is ideal for metal and plastic (see above) substrates. GorillaWeld does not sag so it is ideal for vertical surfaces
How should GorillaWeld be stored?
GorillaWeld should be stored in a cool, dry place. Store away from children and animals.
How do I mix GorillaWeld?
GorillaWeld should be mixed 1:1 for 20 seconds or until uniform prior to application.
Does GorillaWeld become hot during cure?
Yes, mixing the hardener and resin together creates an exothermic reaction and will generate heat during cure. Consideration should be taken on mixing vessel as not to melt.
How long do I have before GorillaWeld begins to harden?
GorillaWeld will begin to harden after 3 minutes. Adhesive should be applied prior.
What surfaces will GorillaWeld bond to?
GorillaWeld is particularly suited for metal, plastic and other rigid surface bonding.
Is GorillaWeld Food Safe?
GorillaWeld is not recommended for direct or indirect food contact and should not be considered food safe.
Why is GorillaWeld odor so strong?
GorillaWeld is based on methyl methacrylate chemistry which has a naturally strong odor. We suggest using in well ventilated area.
How do I remove GorillaWeld from body/skin?
Uncured: GorillaWeld can be harmful through skin absorption and it is strongly recommended that you wear gloves during use. If GorillaWeld is on skin, try removing with a dry cloth or paper towel and then wash area thoroughly with soap and water.
Cured: Cured material can be rolled off skin. Remove as much cured material as possible and wash area thoroughly with soap and water.
How do I remove GorillaWeld from my surface?
Uncured: Wipe up as much material as possible with a dry cloth and clean any remaining product/residue with Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) or acetone following solvent manufacturer’s instructions.
Cured: For removing cured/dried GorillaWeld, mechanical means such as sanding or chiseling.
- Pressure Balance Cartridge with Adapter Part # RP46463Lincoln Products$71.99Quickview
- L 5835 Screen Spring Latches with Nails, 1-3/16-Inch, Stainless Steel,(Pack of 6)Prime-Line Products$6.99Quickview