Master Lock Set Your Own Combination Solid Body Padlock
- Easy to set & reset - numeric combination
- 2in (51mm) Wide solid body
- Hardened steel shackle for extra cut resistance
- 4-digit set your own combination convenience allows for thousands of possible combinations
- Combination change key included
The Master Lock No. 175D Set Your Own Combination Padlock features a 2in (51mm) wide solid body for strength and reliability. The 5/16in (8mm) diameter shackle is 1in (25mm) long and made of hardened steel, offering extra resistance to cutting and sawing. The 4-digit dialing allows for thousands of possible numeric combinations. The Limited Lifetime Warranty provides peace of mind from a brand you can trust.
Q: How can I fix a resettable combination lock that sticks from time to time?
A: Lubricate your locks with Master Lock recommended lock lubricant 2300D and 2311. Master Lock’s lock lubricant 2300D and 2311 is specially formulated to not only prevent your locks from corroding, but the formula also prevents moisture from condensing inside the lock, which greatly reduces the likelihood your lock will freeze due to cold weather. View proper care and service of Master Lock Products.
Q: I've lost the reset tool for changing the combination on my resettable lock model 175, 176, 177, or 178. How can I get a new one?
A: Contact your local hardware store or locksmith. (Master Lock's part number for the reset tool is K175).
Q: How do I set or reset the combination on a Set-Your-Own combination padlock model 175, 176, 177 or 178?
A: To set the combination on a Set-Your-Own combination padlock model 175, 176, 177, or 178, follow these steps:
- Open lock with the factory set or previously set combination. The lock must be set to the current combination, or you cannot reset it. Note: the shackle must be in the open position to reset the combination.
- Insert reset tool (enclosed in package) in hole on side of lock.
- Push reset tool in and turn 90 degrees (in either direction). Reset tool automatically stays in this position.
- Set wheels to desired combination.
- Turn and remove reset tool. Lock is now set to new combination.
- Record your new combination in a safe place.